The JESSIE REES FOUNDATION is inspired by 12-year-old Jessica Joy Rees, better known as “Jessie”. Jessie was a beautiful, athletic, smart and compassionate girl who fought two brain tumors (DIPG) from March 3, 2011 to January 5, 2012. On that painful day, Jessie left an amazing legacy of love that her family and foundation now continue.
During her courageous fight, Jessie focused on spreading hope, joy and love to other kids fighting cancer. She knew having cancer made kids feel lonely and limited, and as a result, Jessie felt empowered to help ease these feelings for those children fighting. Jessie chose to share her message to NEGU® (Never Ever Give Up) with as many Courageous Kids fighting cancer as she could. In addition, she stuffed and sent her JoyJars® to over 3,000 kids personally. JoyJars are 64oz plastic jars stuffed full of love and fun age appropriate toys for kids fighting cancer. Jessie’s JoyJars and her NEGU motto have both become global symbols of hope and help!
Ensure every child fighting cancer has the support and resources to NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Since 2012, the Jessie Rees Foundation has been able to spread joy to reach over 150,000 Courageous Kids. While we are super thankful to reach so many kids, we can’t stop, because cancer never does. Research shows that every 3 minutes around the world a child is diagnosed with cancer. That child has a name, a family and deserves our support to NEGU. Please help them!
In addition, the Jessie Rees Foundation has been able to:
• Encourage kids in all 50 states and 32 countries
• Support over 250 Children’s Hospitals, 175 Ronald McDonald Homes and over 100 oncology camps
• Mobilize 75 All-Stars (celebrities and athletes) to encourage kids to NEGU
• Partner with corporations like: UPS, Anthem, American Airlines, Toyota & COX
• Engage with over 600,000 social media supporters
• Team up with over 5,000 volunteers annually to help spread joy to kids fighting cancer
To learn more about the Jessie Rees Foundation, please visit jessie.org or any of our social media channels listed above.
Thank you for helping Jessie’s legacy live on!