Committee Charge: This Committee is charged with ensuring continuing progress toward the vision of the Association’s diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. The Committee will set priorities and provide guidance to ACLP in the design and implementation of a dynamic suite of activities and resources to help ACLP members gain the skills necessary to meet the needs of and reflect the diverse communities they serve, recognizing that truly effective diversity, equity and inclusion work is never finished. The Committee will ensure that DEI activities are closely aligned with ACLP strategic priorities and responsive to the diverse needs and capabilities of the child life community. The Committee will actively encourage ACLP members to participate in and contribute to these activities. In recommending new programs and products, the Committee will consider and seek to address the resource implications of these activities.
The Committee will work with ACLP staff to:
- Conduct an annual review of ACLP’s position statement and priorities on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Serve as ambassador and provide support to ensure organizational alignment with ACLP Strategic Plan
- Assist the ACLP Board and other Board committees, as requested, in incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion into the association’s strategic goals and objectives
- Monitor the progress and process of diversity, inclusion, and equity work led by ACLP
- Maintain a global and inclusive view of diversity and equity
- Identify resources to promote personal reflection and/or professional development in the areas of identity, privilege, bias, racism, any/all forms of discrimination to strengthen ACLP Marketing & Communications, annual conference, online education, membership experience and certification considerations
- Help ACLP recruit and retain a diverse membership base