4. Pilot Program for new application (2022)
ACLP partnered with three internship sites to pilot the new Internship Readiness Common Application. These sites utilized the new application for the March-September 2022 application window. After the application window closed, these pilot sites -- along with the applicants -- provided feedback on the new Internship Readiness Common Application. The feedback was analyzed and used to help improve and streamline the new Internship Readiness Common Application.
Some highlights from the applicant feedback in which 97% of respondents had experience with both the old and new application
• 94% agreed that the new application took less time to complete
• 86% agreed that the new application reduced financial obligations
• 5 out of 10 felt they had sufficient opportunity to showcase their experience and readiness
Some highlights from the pilot site feedback:
• 100% agreed that the new application took less time to review
• 100% agreed or felt neutral that the new application helped reduce bias
• 3 out of 3 programs felt they had sufficient information to identify internship-ready candidates
From the feedback collected, the Internship Readiness Work Group is currently making changes to the new common application that will be implemented for the January 2023 launch.
Some of those changes include:
• The term "Minimally Qualified Candidate" has been replaced with "Internship Ready Candidate" to align with a strength-based approach and to emphasize the goal of being internship ready
• Addition of start and end dates for listed experiences on the new application
• Creating an updated method to submit completed applications as a single PDF versus the ZIP files that were hard to navigate for applicants.