Study Guide The Association of Child Life Professionals (ACLP) publishes a study guide that may help candidates increase the effectiveness of test preparation. It includes a 50-question practice test, sample questions with answers explained, reference list, study and test-taking strategies, and information on how the examination was developed. Visit the ACLP Bookstore to place your order for the Study Guide for the Child Life Professional Certification Examination.
Online Practice Test
An online practice test is available for the Child Life Professional Certification Examination. The practice test helps familiarize candidates with the format of the test and the types of questions that will appear. Scores are immediately available, and feedback is provided to assess a candidate’s strengths or weaknesses in each of the three major domains covered on the exam.
Note: Applicants will not be provided with a copy of the practice questions after the practice test is completed.
The practice test is administered by ISO Quality Testing, and the fee for this service is $35 U.S.
If you experience difficulty registering for or using the online practice test, please call ISO Quality Testing at 866-773-1114.
- Visit the online testing center.
- Click on link to "Register."
- On this page you will create a user account in the IQT system that can be used to register for future IQT-administered examinations. Please provide your profile information and click the "Next" button.
- Please note your REGISTRATION Username and Password. These can be used to register for future IQT-administered examinations.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- You will be prompted to enter your payment information. The practice examination fee is $35 U.S. IQT accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express,
- Click on the "Next" button.
- Please make note of your EXAM Pass Code. You will need this information to access this exam again in the 30-day period allotted for completing the practice test.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Taking the Exam
- Read each question carefully and then determine the correct option. Always pick the best answer. Answer all questions, even if you are not completely sure of the correct response.
- You will have 30 days to complete the exam. You will have the ability to return to questions at any time during the 30-day period. Closing your browser will end the session, but not end the exam. Your answers will be saved, and you will be allowed to log back in to complete the exam. Warning: Do not click on "Finish" until you have completely finished taking the test.
- Once you have completed the exam, you may submit the exam by clicking the “Finish” button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. Once submitted, you will not be able to return to the exam.
- You will receive diagnostic information on your areas of strength and weakness within each of the three domains of the Exam Content Outline immediately after you finish the practice test. This information may help you to concentrate your study efforts on content areas rather than on specific questions that you found difficult.
- This test was developed expressly for use by the Association of Child Life Professionals and Schroeder Measurement Technologies, Inc. The content is confidential and not to be copied or discussed with anyone or used for any other reason than as a certification practice examination.
The practice test is provided by ISO Quality Testing, the agency that administers the Child Life Professional Certification Examination. Questions appearing on this test were drawn from the Association of Child Life Professionals item bank. There are no plans to create subsequent versions of this test. All technological aspects of this test are the responsibility of ISO Quality Testing.