Step 1: Nominate an Individual
Anyone may nominate a qualified individual for the Distinguished Service Award. The Awards Committee encourages nominations of diverse candidates that include Black, Indigenous and Native American, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQ+ and members with different abilities and gender identities as well as those from varying geographical areas, program sizes, and cultural backgrounds.
All nominations must be made before August 18 at 11:59pm EST.
- Submit the initial nominator form by August 7-18, 2023 at 11:59pm EST.
- Serve as author(s) of the article honoring the recipient featured in the summer issue of the ACLP Bulletin.
- If the nominator chooses, create a video that will honor the recipient and be played during the opening session at the ACLP Child Life Annual Conference
NOMINATE AN INDIVIDUAL
Step 2: Complete the Application
The nominator completing the initial nomination form is considered to be the primary endorser who will gather all the application documents to be submitted in the DSA application.
Submit the DSA application and supporting documents below by September 15 at 11:59pm EST. The DSA Application and supporting documents include the following:
- Two Endorsement forms (one Management / Administration and one Colleague Form)
- Brief Summary of individual
- Copy of the Individual's resume/CV
- One letter of support from either a student/mentee OR patient/family
For submission tips, review the DSA Submission Tips Document
The DSA Application and supporting documents must be submitted by 11:59pm EST on September 15, 2023.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
Step 3: ACLP Awards Committee Selects Winner
Following the final submission deadline, the Awards Committee will review all completed applications and suggest a recipient to the ACLP Board of Directors. All nominees and the Primary Endorser will be notified of the final decision by the end 2023. The formal presentation of the Distinguished Service Award will take place during the Child Life Annual Conference.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions about the award application or selection process.