Anyone may nominate a qualified ACLP certified member for the Mary Barkey Clinical Excellence Award.
The Awards Committee encourages nominations of diverse candidates that include Black, Indigenous and Native American, Latinx, Asian, LGBTQ+ and members with different abilities and gender identities as well as those from varying geographical areas, program sizes, and cultural backgrounds.
Send in the initial nomination form of who you would like to nominate to email@example.com. The initial form should be turned in on or before August 9, 2021.
Once you have your nomination turned in, you have one month to send in all supporting documents.
A list of supporting documents are:
Submit all supporting documents to Mary Bean, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 09, 2021
- Completed MBA Nomination and Endorser Form
- Completed Endorsement Form by two endorsers, both of whom must be ACLP members in good standing
- A letter of support from a current or past employer’s department head or hospital administration
- A current resume
No present ACLP Board member is eligible for nomination.
In order to build/present a strong nomination for each candidate, nominators are asked to provide specific behavioral examples in each section of the Exemplars form
. The Awards Committee will carefully examine the information provided in order to recommend the strongest candidate for this award.
Please refer to the Submission Tips Sheet
for additional guidance on completing the forms.
- Gather all nomination package materials and submit to Mary Bean, email@example.com by September 09, 2021
- Will serve as author(s) of the article honoring the recipient featured in the ACLP Summer Bulletin.
- If the nominator chooses, create a video that will honor the recipient and be played during the closing session at the ACLP Child Life Annual Conference (in case of a virtual conference the video would be uploaded to a special page created for the MBA recipient).