The Association of Child Life Professionals is pleased to announce the availability of two research awards to be presented at the Child Life Annual Conference in May, 2022. The Professional Research Recognition Award honors significant work by a child life specialist, and the Student Research Recognition Award acknowledges research conducted by a student. Both awards celebrate research initiatives that contribute to theory and practice within the field of child life. A profile of the winning researcher(s) and a brief summary of the research findings will be shared with ACLP members in a special April issue of the ACLP Monthly and the summer 2022 issue of the ACLP Bulletin.
We encourage ACLP members to submit their research and to share news of the award with others who may be interested in applying. These awards are presented annually so be sure to consider this opportunity when disseminating future research.
Applications will be reviewed for the following:
a. The research demonstrates the value and effectiveness of the child life profession.
b. The research increases child life knowledge or improves/evaluates child life techniques.
c. The research substantially advances the field of child life.
d. The research was designed and conducted under rigorous standards and was appropriately analyzed.
e. The manuscript was designed and produced in accordance with the Publication Manual of the APA.
f. The research is evidence-based.
In order to be considered for the award:
- The nominated research project must address a facet of child life.
- For the Professional Research Award, the nominated research project must have been completed in the last two years. Publishing in a peer-reviewed journal preferred.
- For the Student Research Award, the nominated research project must have been conducted in the last two years while author(s) was still a student.
- The nominated research project must have met IRB requirements prior to data collection.
- At least one of the authors must be a member in good standing of ACLP.