ACLP Connect Rules & Etiquette
As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on ACLP Connect. By joining and using the ACLP Connect, you agree that you have read and will follow the guidelines outlined below. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the rules and etiquette of ACLP Connect. Remember, ACLP reserves the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate the rules governing behavior on Connect.
Thank you for adhering to these guidelines and for continuing to use the ACLP Connect to connect with, learn from, and support your colleagues! Please contact the ACLP Connect moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal postings are strictly prohibited. This includes obscenities, verbal harassment, or comments that would prove offensive based on race, religion, or sexual orientation. Do not post anything in a ACLP Connect message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- No promotional or commercial messages are permitted, and members may not solicit financial contributions or support for any cause or project. Examples of forum conduct that is considered "promotional," and therefore unacceptable, include:
- Sharing of information about a product or service from an individual representing a company that sells or intends to sell the product or service. This includes messages that promote specific educational offerings, such as conferences, online courses, or webinars.
- Sharing of information about a product, project, or cause from an individual representing the organization offering that product, project, or cause. This includes messages that promote a free product or service offered by a nonprofit organization, requests for financial contributions or support, and requests for votes or other non-financial support (such as votes to help an organization win a contest).
- Requesting that a colleague or friend post a promotional message on your behalf.
- Requesting member feedback or "polling" on a particular product or service.
- Collecting email addresses obtained from correspondence on the ACLP Forum to build email marketing lists and/or send members promotional messages outside of the Forum
Members who have no official affiliation with a company or organization are welcome to use Connect to share information about resources they have found to be legitimately helpful. In addition, if a Connect participant specifically requests information on a particular product or service, it is acceptable for an organization representative to email that person directly (off-Connect) with information if they believe it would be helpful. For more information about marketing a product or service to the entire ACLP membership, please visit our Advertise page. If you have information about a cause or project that you believe would be of interest to the wider ACLP membership and may merit special consideration, please contact email@example.com.
- You may not use addresses obtained from correspondence on the ACLP Connect to harass others or send them offensive or abusive email.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Do not post job openings or request job or internship availability information through the ACLP Connect. All communications specific to job openings should be conducted through the ACLP Career Center.
- Copyright laws apply to electronic transmissions. Please make sure your posting does not violate the fair-use or other applicable sections of the copyright laws. Not sure? Visit www.nolopress.com to learn about copyright laws.
Members who break any of the above-outlined rules will receive a warning and are subject to removal from the ACLP Connect. Depending on the severity of infraction, the first offense will typically result in an informal warning and a reminder to review the ACLP Connect Guidelines. A second offense will result in a formal written warning. A third offense will result in removal from the ACLP Forum for one month or more.
This list is provided as a service of the Association of Child Life Professionals. ACLP accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. ACLP disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by ACLP or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchant ability and fitness. In no event shall ACLP be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants ACLP and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
ACLP does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to ACLP's attention, ACLP will take all appropriate action. ACLP reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.